Here are the positions we will need to fill soon:
- Advisory Board Members – The league is actively looking for people to lend their expertise and join our Advisory Board. Help us set the culture of our new league!
- Outreach Coordinators – The state of Mississippi is mighty big, and in order to effectively advertise the Mississippi League, we need people from all parts of the state to help spread the word throughout their communities. The Mississippi League will provide the necessary supplies – all you’ve got to do is post ’em up and work with us to reach out to the community.
- Social Media Coordinator – Enjoy posting to social media and know how to format an Instagram hashtag? Help us keep our Facebook and Instagram pages up to date and build our online following.
- Program Coordinators – The Mississippi League wants to take advantage of all that NICA has to offer. We are looking for program coordinators who want to engage our student athletes in more than just racing.
- GRiT – our League will have an emphasis to bring and retain more girls to mountain biking. GRiT rides, skills clinics, camps and fellowships designed specifically for our female athletes and coaches will be an active part of our League culture.
- Teen Trail Corp – our League desires to teach our student athletes how to be stewards of our trail systems, not just the ones we race on but also those in which we practice. Additionally, we intend to involve our athletes in the planning, designing and building of their new trails.
- Adventure – some of our student athletes want to just plain ride more than race. They have the desire to explore trails they do not typically get to ride and want to learn how to navigate these new trails; as well as how to prepare for longer adventure rides as opposed to the short fast races. Bike packing and camping may be included for some additional adventure fun! Dedicated coordinators will be needed to fully implement these additional programs.
- Race Crew – Want to help put on the races? Check out this list of Job Descriptions and let us know which one tickles your fancy. No experience necessary. As long as you’re stoked on getting more kids on bikes and want to be involved on the race weekends, we want to hear from you.
If you’re interested in any of these volunteer positions, or have another idea on how to get involved, contact us at here.